Public Access Internet Terminals in Greater Vancouver Area
- Richmond Public Library
(Brighouse) 3 Macintosh, Netscape, T1, printer
- Steveston Public Library (Community Centre) 2 Power Mac, Netscape, printer
- Magpie Magazine gallery on Commercial, (604) 253-6666. $1/half hour
- Port Moody Public Library 939-1588 PC, Netscape, line to Wimsey
- Whistler Public Library PC, Netscape, line to whistler.net
- Payless Communications, 470 W. Cordova St (ph 687-2040): Netscape, dialup 28.8, $10/hour
- Awear Clothing, Sinclair Centre, 350 Howe Street: P90, 28.8, free access to mail, www, and internet!
- Mail and Type (9632 Cameron St, Bby): WWW, email, telnet, ftp, tutorials - $4.50/30min
- Lesters Fun Arcade, 6400 Kingsway, Bby): 12 x P-75, ISDN, $3/30min.
- Pelican Rouge and News And Brews on 152nd near Guildford Shopping Center in Surrey - Windows PC
- Millenium Bridge 519 Davie (near Seymour). Phone 669-0777; approx.
8 Windoze and 2 Macs. Free internet courses on Monday and Wedesdays. ISDN 150K
- Planet Java, 103A Avenue Surrey, LINUX, netscape 2.0, 28.8, $3/30min
- Vancouver Airport, Int.l Arrivals: Unix/Netscape 2.0 + Windows/IE 3.0, "attract mode"
- Internet Coffee, 1104 Davie, Vancouver. 12 Pentiums, ISDN,
- Surrey Centre (Whalley), 108/King George Hwy. 2 Pentiums
- Shaugnessy Square, Coquitlam
- Kitsilano's Cyber-C@fe -
near UBC, Pentium 133, 33.6 modems $1.50/15 min, $4/hr, food, java.
- Electric Zoo,
679 Denman Street, Vancouver. T-1 access, 12 terminals,
lessons, printing, food. Shan Campbell Phone 801-5788
- Digital U, #101 - 1595 W. Broadway,
604-731-1011 - 21" monitors, try-before-buy software, coffee etc.
- Java Hut
- 16th/Willow (betweek Cambie & Oak) - 1 dedicated dialup
- Java Hut - Surrey - 7728 128th St. - 2 ISDN
Text Terminals (CommunityNet)
(Vancouver Freenet is now VCN)
- Richmond Public Library (Brighouse) - 2 terminals
- Vancouver Public Library - 7 terminals
- Renfrew Public Library - 2 terminals
- North Van District Library (Capilano) 987-4471, - 1
- Surrey Public Library (Newton branch?) 596-7401, - 3
- Burnaby public libary (nr. Metrotown) - 1
The latest thing. Haven't seen them in action yet. Look to be
on ISDN line (128kbps).
- Shopper's Drug Mart, Richmond (Garden City/Blundell) (* nope- got taken out *)
Communitynet (ex. Freenet) terminals are tied to
Vancouver CommunityNet; you must register with a voluntary $25
donation to use Lynx or email, registration takes a couple of weeks.
any updates or corrections.
List provided by
(http://vancouver-webpages.com), which hosts the
searchBC search engine.
Copyright 1996, 1997